To facilitate the researchers of Nallamuthu Gounder Mahalingam College to foresee the broad spectrum of research, constantly challenge the evolving innovations at the global level and empower our nation with their prominent and intellectual resources.
Our mission is to equip the inquisitive minds of our college with a distinguished academic ambience for research, accelerate external findings and global recognition for their findings and promote interdisciplinary research culture.
- To motivate and support the presentation of communication of the research works/projects through academic events like workshops/seminars.
- To motivate and support the research findings through various academic events like international and national seminars, symposium, conferences and workshops by providing research funds to the faculty members and scholars.
- To promote quality research through proper funds and grants/ various awards such as Best Researcher, Best Research Guide, Best Research Paper, Best Popular Article and Best Participant in seminar/ symposium and conferences.
- The institution also provides the platform for the researchers and assures the quality of their research by drawing proper research code, rules and guidelines, ethical and legal norms in the conduct of research.
- To facilitate, promote and coordinate the research activities.
- To enhance the research practices through interdisciplinary collaboration.
- To motivate the budding research talents of UG and PG students, the college provides internship.
- To emphasize the researchers to publish their papers in UGC approved journals, Scopus indexed publications.
- To create a well developed research ambience.
- To motivate and encourage research, the institution provides monetary support and sabbatical leave.
- To cultivate and institutionalize research ethics.
Research provides content to teaching. Quality of teaching depends on the quality of research. In order to inculcate a sound research practice among the researchers, the college provides incentives for the researchers to publish their articles and book in UGC approved journals, a fund of 9, 42,000 is allocated for various research activities. The seed money is also provided by the management for those who pursue Ph.D. Arutselvar Dr.N.Mahalingam scholarship of Rs.500 per month is given to the deserving researchers for a period of 2 years.
Research in the Campus:
The college provides a conducive atmosphere for research by providing research awards for the best researchers and developing a competitive spirit among the researchers, it awards ‘Best Researcher’ , ‘Best Research Guide’, ‘Best Research Paper’, ‘Best Popular Article’, ‘Awards for patent/ invention of product. Funds’ are allocated for book publication it also provides incentives for conducting seminar/conference/workshop/symposia. Incentives for interdepartmental activities are provided.
The Research mall that is functioning in the college is decided to be rechristened. A cumulative total of 6, 25, 600 research incentives are disbursed.
From the year 2014-2018
314- International Journal
65- National Journal
123- International conferences
176- National Conferences
78- Edited Volume
43- Minor Project
15- Major Project
04- Book publication
CODE OF ETHICS TO CHECK MALPRACTICES AND PLAGIARISM IN RESEARCH
Research being the platform of Ideation, discussion and interpretation of a higher level, confidentiality, safety and security of intellectual properties are of great concern. Text-Lifting at various levels ranging from a phrase to paragraphs which leads to the stealing of ideas has to be checked with the help of modern technology. Giving priority to check malpractices and plagiarism, Nallamuthu Gounder Mahalingam College maintains the standards of research.
Academic awareness has been created on the procedural development of research from hypothesis to the publication of theses. Institutionalized mechanism of research established prevents dishonest or intentional plagiarism. Beyond all this, Nallamuthu Gounder Mahalingam College is a research center of the research programs offered by the affiliated University. Hence the software that prevents plagiarism- URKUND is available in the University premises. It’s mandatory for any researcher of the college to go for a plagiarism check before the submission of the thesis.
The following are the instructions given by university for researcher who goes for a plagiarism check.
Rules and Regulation for Plagiarism Check:
- Only the scholar should personally present for Plagiarism check.
- Permissible similarity level is 30%.
- If the similarity level of the contents range from 31% to 50%, the candidate and the research supervisor have to modify the content so of the document and reduce the similarity level below 30%.The modified document has to be submitted for re-evaluation for plagiarism check only after a period of 15 days.
- If the similarity level is above 50%, the research supervisor has to give a justifiable explanation for the same, the modified document is eligible for re-evaluation only after 30 days.
- Application of the existing knowledge to the immediate neighbourhood and to the others, as a social obligation.
- Creating and enhancing link between institution and external organization in areas such as research and to achieve the institutions’ mission of knowledge transfer to improve the local and regional economies.
- Consultancy may or may not generate additional income
- In case of revenue generated through consultancy, 20% to be paid to the institution and 80% to the consultants.
- Consultancy both institutional or personal are encouraged
- Any consultancy can be carried out only after obtaining the prior permission and approval by the Head of the Institution